Saturday, June 21, 2008

He Will Send Help

When I lived in Dallas, I didn't have close close friends that I could confide in and pray with. I went through a time in which I needed a physical healing in my body. I had been in and out of the doctor's office, had surgery, and was not healing properly. I cried out to the Lord to SEND SOMEONE to pray with me in agreement, so my prayer would be answered.

“I also tell you this: If two of you agree here on earth concerning anything you ask, my Father in heaven will do it for you. For where two or three gather together as my followers, I am there among them.” Matthew 18:19-20.

I held on to this truth written in the Word.

The next day, I went to work. I was a leasing consultant at an apartment community. This woman came in to look at a three-bedroom apartment. I took her on the grand tour, and as we spoke, she told me that she was in women's ministry in downtown Dallas. I smiled to myself. This was a woman of God. As we went back to the office, she sat at my desk and said, "You know, I really don't know why I'm here. I just moved in to a three-bedroom down the street, and I'm happy there. I have no plans to move."

I told her, "I know why you are here. Last night I prayed for someone to come pray with me. I need healing." With that, she grabbed my hands and prayed over me. She prophesied over me. I received healing in that moment.

This isn't a testimony of healing. The miracle came when the Lord SENT HELP when I asked for it. The rest of the testimony is a promise that the Lord makes to his followers. That's the thing about child-like faith... If you take the Word of God at face-value, his promises always prove to be true.