Saturday, August 8, 2009

God, the Devine Director

At the community I manage, a precious couple moved in after suffering the loss of their home and business in Louisiana after Hurricane Katrina. They began to build their lives in San Antonio, opening up a business, and living day by day as God led them. My staff and I knew bits and pieces about their needs... my maintenance staff had entered their apartment to complete work orders, and knew that they did not have any furniture.

Jack, my lead maintenance, came to my office one day and told me that someone had left behind a dining room table and chairs and a couch with a note to "donate to Goodwill." Jack asked my permission to deliver this furniture to our 'Hurricane' residents. I told him yes and went on with my work.

After Jack and the guys took the furniture to their apartment, he rushed back to my office. "Autumn," he told me, "It was the most amazing thing. We knocked on their door and Katerain answered the door. We told them that we had furniture for them. She fell to her knees, crying and praising the Lord because her and her husband had JUST been praying to be blessed with furniture! Right that moment before we were there!"

And of course, from the devine orchestration of these events and the word of this testimony, I got goosebumps all over my body, and couldn't help but to rejoice right along with them. God is just amazing. My friends, 'coincidence' is God anonymously orchestrating people and events to work for our good. We must give Him the glory!