Friday, October 24, 2008

Criminal brought to my door

I manage a large apartment community. It is gated, with a push-button keypad kiosk that you can drive up to and enter a code for the gate to open. One day, not too long ago, this crazy woman was driving, weaving in and out of lanes, and she turned into my community and smashed into the computer kiosk, completely destroying it. She drove off with a smashed front-end, and flat tire. A staff member and I drove through the nearby neighborhoods, looking for her vehicle. I couldn't imagine that she could get very far!

I was getting increasingly irritated at the cost of replacing this computer kiosk, and the inconvenience it would cause my residents to not have a closed entry gate. And this criminal - guilty of a hit and run - was out on the loose, a danger to society, and herself! I prayed PASSIONATELY to God to deliver this woman... I wanted her delivered to my door! "Bring her to me, Lord!" I prayed. After searching for her for about a half hour, I went back to my office.

I made all of the proper police reports and went home, just irritated. I can't stand for people to cause such damage and get away with it! It's not fair! Not fair for my residents, not fair for anyone!

The VERY NEXT DAY, I went to work, and within 10 minutes of me being there, I got a report. One of my painters came in and said, "We know who ran over the gate." Turns out, it was one of my former residents, and I had her new address! Long story short, the police were able to get enough information for me to contact the vehicle owner's insurance company, and the repairs are covered! Amen! God takes care of us!